Community Groups and Partnerships
We may be a small community, but we are an actively involved one!
Often sharing information, using each others physical spaces or working on events together, here are some of the Glen Morris organizations that you may be interested in. Check out the following community groups:
Glen Morris Horticultural Society
Are you interested in gardening, flowers, or nature in general? Join the Glen Morris Horticultural Society for fun and informative activities. Meetings are held the first Monday of the month at the Glen Morris Central Public School, 7:30 p.m., from February to May and September to November. Other annual activities include a Bus Trip, Plant Sale, Coffee Party, and Flower Show. Membership is $10 which helps support the beautification of the community gardens in Glen Morris. New members are always welcome! For more information, contact Margaret Fleury, President, at 519-442-4018 or [email protected].
Glen Morris & District Lions Club
Glen Morris & District Lions have been around for over 21 years, working to improve the greater Glen Morris area. With meetings twice per month, we are a dedicated group and have been involved in such projects as:
- Roadside cleanup twice a year
- Community barbeques
- Donations to the Friends of the Glen Morris Library
- Provide lunch for exchange students
- Hall renovations and improvements totalling $25,000 for the washrooms and kitchen, new windows and window treatments, new hard wood throughout the top level
- A monthly Euchre Night
- Other events such as night golf, dinner theatre, spaghetti dinners, New Year’s dances, charity bingos
- Fundraising has included the sale of roses for Mother’s Day, raffles for a canoe, barbeque, trips, and currently for a Bateman signed print. Our annual turkey roll is a resounding success. Pig roasts, steak barbeque & dinner as well as a Home Business Expo. These all go to support the community and our projects.
We have standing committees for the euchre nights, golf tournaments and road clean-up. Other committees are struck as needed. We have an excellent working relationship within the group and various members take turns on committees and projects as required.
We have a wonderful time together and invite any in our community to join us! Contact Bill Coppes at [email protected]