Glen Morris United Church is seeking a Custodian for our church! This is a part-time position, typically 4-5 hours per week, but hours can also vary based on use of our Robson Community Room and other facilities.
GLEN MORRIS UNITED CHURCH
• Responsible for weekly cleaning of the interior of the church building.
• Normal cleaning for 2-5 hours per week.
• The frequency of the cleaning tasks (weekly, monthly, and periodically) is suggested, only, and shall be determined by the extent of the use of the Church.
• Dusting and removal of cobwebs,
• Vacuuming carpets,
• Washing floors,
• Cleaning two washrooms, replenishing toilet paper and paper towels,
• Cleaning exterior of the kitchen appliances,
• Emptying garbage containers and disposing of contents.
CLEANING MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES: Provided by the Church.
WEDDINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS:
• Cleaning before and after weddings for which additional remuneration is paid.
• Opening and closing of the Church as required.
• Moving the communion table and setting up the table and chair for signing of the register.
PANDEMICS (When safety protocols are in place):
• Filling the hand sanitizer units.
• Washing all surfaces as required.
• Following provincial guidelines.
• The Custodian is not responsible for the clearing of ice and snow.
• Groups using the Church are responsible for general cleanup before leaving.
• Performing required duties 50 weeks of the year with 2 weeks paid vacation.
• Wages paid monthly.
TO APPLY OR FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: