Thank you to all who give to Glen Morris United Church. Without these generous donations we would be unable to maintain our Church facilities, offer a wide range of engaging worship services and provide programs to allow individuals to learn, grow, worship, care and serve.
Occassionally we have 'special offering' Sundays, where a particular fund is the recipient. Here are our main funds and their purposes:
- Operating Fund - the general account of the church for day-to-day operating expenses.
- Capital Fund - the Memorial Fund for future capital maintenance or renovations to the church buildings and property.
- Dr. Mather’s Fund - to provide financial support for young children to go to a church camp. Established in honour of past minister, Dr. Mather’s
- Otawa Fund - to support youth or young adults who wish to participate in mission related work. Established in honour of Rev. Brenda & Fern Otawa for their work in the church and community 2003 – 2016.
- Ongoing, we contribute as a congregation to the Mission and Service Fund of the United Church with a financial goal set at our annual congregational meeting.
Please take a moment to consider how you can help us using the following methods of giving:
Make an E-transfer to the church bank account. This can be set up as a recurring monthly payment with your financial institution. The church account has been set up to accept E-deposits automatically, no question and answer required. You can indicate your envelope number in the message box of the bank transfer and if you wish, designate a portion to go to M&S or renovations.
E-transfers go to the following email address and our treasurer John Graham gives email confirmation of the deposit. The E-transfers can be as often as you wish but at least monthly transfers are requested. email@example.com
Direct online donation through Canada Helps
- Pre-Authorized Remittance, or PAR, allows you to support your church through an automatic monthly withdrawal from your bank account. The United Church of Canada administers the program following the giver’s wishes—for example, you might give X amount for local church expenses and X amount for Mission & Service. Besides being convenient, using PAR for your offering ensures regular monthly givings to help your church’s ministry even when you are away. You will be providing a dependable flow of contributions, which increases the church’s overall financial stability. Contact John Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org
for a brochure and remittance form.
- Numbered Offering Envelopes - A numbered offering envelope provides an anonymous way for you to give when you request a giving number. After receiving your number identified envelopes, they can be deposited in the offering plates during a church service or left anytime with the church office. If you wish to receive a box of numbered offering envelopes, please contact Diana Comrie at email@example.com
Tax receipts are annually distributed in early February.
- One Time Donation - If you would like to make a one time donation to Glen Morris United Church, please use the attached form and send to the address included. A tax receipt will be issued.