Thank you to all who give to Glen Morris United Church. Without these generous donations we would be unable to maintain our Church facilities, offer a wide range of engaging worship services and provide programs to allow individuals to learn, grow, worship, care and serve.
Occassionally we have 'special offering' Sundays, where a particular fund is the recipient. Here are our main funds and their purposes:
- Operating Fund - the general account of the church for day-to-day operating expenses.
- Capital Fund - the Memorial Fund for future capital maintenance or renovations to the church buildings and property.
- Dr. Mather’s Fund - to provide financial support for young children to go to a church camp. Established in honour of past minister, Dr. Mather’s
- Otawa Fund - to support youth or young adults who wish to participate in mission related work. Established in honour of Rev. Brenda & Fern Otawa for their work in the church and community 2003 – 2016.
- Benevelont Fund - available to help those in need in the local community. It is administered solely at the discretion of the Minister in total confidentiality. Disbursement of the Benevolent Funds of the Glen Morris United Church is done solely through the use of Fundscrip gift cards or by paying actual bills.
- Ongoing, we contribute as a congregation to the Mission and Service Fund of the United Church with a financial goal set at our annual congregational meeting.
Please take a moment to consider how you can help us using the following methods of giving:
- Make an E-transfer to the church bank account. This can be set up as a recurring monthly payment with your financial institution. The church account has been set up to accept E-deposits automatically, no question and answer required. You can indicate your envelope number in the message box of the bank transfer and if you wish, designate a portion to go to M&S or renovations.
E-transfers go to the following email address and our treasurer John Graham gives email confirmation of the deposit. The E-transfers can be as often as you wish but at least monthly transfers are requested. email@example.com
- Direct online donation through Canada Helps
- Pre-Authorized Remittance - Pre-Authorized Remittance, or PAR, allows you to support your church through an automatic monthly withdrawal from your bank account. The United Church of Canada administers the program following the giver’s wishes—for example, you might give X amount for local church expenses and X amount for Mission & Service. Besides being convenient, using PAR for your offering ensures regular monthly givings to help your church’s ministry even when you are away. You will be providing a dependable flow of contributions, which increases the church’s overall financial stability. Contact John Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org for a brochure and remittance form.
- Join our FundScrip donation program. It's so easy to do - simply purchase gift cards in place of using cash or debit/credit cards for daily needs and we get the profit from those sales - can't get much easier! Each retailer provides a percentage of a return to us and their are monthly 'specials' which provide a greater return. Select gift cards from 230 retailers to pay for your everyday purchases of food, gas, and household items. Every time you use a gift card, a percentage is donated back to our church! All proceeds of this program go to our Renovation Fund. Click here to find out about the program and how we are doing.
- One Time Donation - If you would like to make a one time donation to Glen Morris United Church, please use the attached form and send to the address included. A tax receipt will be issued.
- Tax receipts will be issued in February